The Next Chapter

Our family's adventures in seminary, and other things I like to talk about...

Monday, September 05, 2011

Don't Blink



After completing our first year of seminary and all the unforeseen challenges that came with it, we were so excited to embark on a week-long vacation. We visited the Outer Banks of North Carolina for the first time. It was every bit as wonderful as everyone said it would be. Our beach house was just over the dunes from some cool and active surf. I did a lot of beach combing and collected some beautiful shells. This vacation had a special significance in the life our family because it was our penultimate summer vacation before our oldest daughter enters adulthood and heads off to college. Ironically, our beach house was named, "Just Blink." That is about all we have done, and now our first born is nearly an adult. I have always said that having a baby boy as my girls were entering into the teenage years was the best thing I could have done to help me cope with it all. Someone still lets me know how much I am needed and adored. I am savoring every minute of the short time I have with him as a baby and toddler. I just blinked and now he is a preschooler. I wish I didn't blink so much when the girls were younger. Children are such a blessing and a gift. Don't blink!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home