The Next Chapter

Our family's adventures in seminary, and other things I like to talk about...

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Lone Survivor

In honor of Veteran's Day, I thought it would be appropriate to highlight this excellent nonfiction book I recently read (on bookshelf). It is a sad read, but it is not lacking in hope. The hardest part for me is that one of the troops who did not survive was Matt Axelson, a family friend. If you like good war movies, the best, you will love this book. I understand a movie is in the making. It begins with a very interesting and eye-opening look at Navy SEAL training. It then goes on to describe in detail the tragic ambush in the mountains of Afghanistan resulting in the largest Navy SEAL tragedy ever. The aftermath is filled with hope as the co-author, Marcus Luttrell, is sustained and welcomed back as the hero that he is.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home