The Next Chapter

Our family's adventures in seminary, and other things I like to talk about...

Friday, November 07, 2008

Yikes!

I thought it would be fun to post the top 5 box office movies at the bottom of my blog. I'm sorry to say that with the exception of HSM3 (depending on your perspective), these movies look absolutely horrible! I guess it is just as well that I only rarely go to the theater.

Speaking of cultural decline, our school's theme for the year is Beauty. There is much beauty available, but sometimes we need to look for it. We are trying to offer opportunities of beauty to our girls. We signed up the little ones for ballet; we give them piano lessons; we are asking Tori to participate in our church's new youth choir. They are OK with piano, but sadly our ballerinas aren't thrilled. Neither is our singer. It is so tempting to let them quit, but we are not going to. This is a gift they will one day appreciate. I think Tori is starting to catch the vision. We (the adult choir) sang Fuare's Requiem in honor of All Saints Day. The children's choir soloed in the Pie Jesu and In Paradisum. Simply beautiful!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 6:42 PM , Blogger Dana and Daisy said...

    I always wished I had been able to take dance and piano. It wasn't in the budget when I was little. So, I spent my days drawing, and that is where my talent developed.

    I also agree with the lack of decent movies. We see very few because the choices are so terrible. My husband and I decided we're not even mature enough to see pg-13's. ;)

     
  • At 10:11 AM , Blogger Annie said...

    Faure's requiem is top notch! I ma working on the pie jesu solo right now.... nice to find your blog!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home