The Next Chapter

Our family's adventures in seminary, and other things I like to talk about...

Thursday, July 19, 2012

10 Parenting Thoughts

This is not a method or gimmick or an assertion that I am wise. I am not going to tell you that my kids are perfect. I feel compelled for whatever reason to share some thoughts, some lessons I have learned from my 18 year parenting journey. 1. You cannot save your child's soul. Live your faith and share it. Then just love them. 2. You cannot and should not try to change your child's personality. Celebrate their uniqueness and gifts. 3. Be consistent but don't exasperate. Keep the rules to a minimum, but enforce the ones you have. 4. Don't tolerate disrespect. 5. Praise often. 6. Give everyone responsibilities. 7. Admit your mistakes. 8. Spend lots of time together. 9. Err on the side of grace. Look at all the examples of God's love in the Bible. 10. Enjoy every second. It goes by fast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home